Hi Tobias,

Your alink macro would be really handy for use in the TiddlyWiki
documentation. It would significantly reduce the file size, because we have
lots of links of the form `[[…|…]]` (and we will be acquiring more over
time).

The main drawback is that it's not understood by important filters such as
`[backlinks[]]` and `[all[orphans]]`, which means that the sidebar Orphans
tab can show false positives and the info References tab can incorrectly
show nothing.

A comment about the implementation: The regexp doesn't check for a trailing
pipe sign, so `<<a: tab>>` will match `|table`. The fact that your example
shows `|alias|aliases` suggests this isn't what you intended. It would be
problematic if one tiddler had an alias of `|tab` and another had an alias
of `|table` – it wouldn't be clear which one `<<a: tab>>` (or indeed `<<a:
ta>>`) would link to.

– æ