I don't think there's a lot of risk of this group going overboard in making
the program user friendly but I do think there are user interface areas
that could tolerate improvement with diluting TW's strong points. It seems
to me that one of the noteworthy ones, based on the number of efforts I've
seen at improving it, is the editor. There have been at least a half dozen
modifications including Eric's enhancements of TWC, Stefan bookmarklets and
Danielo's keyboardsnippets. And others that are more aggressive. There are
times when it seems that everyone with the skill has tried to improve that
aspect of the program. Other than the preview pane, the editor is little
more than a textarea box. If we could get it to look as good as the editor
we use when posting messages to this group, I would be ecstatic. And it
would make life a lot easier on the new users without detracting from
Tiddlywiki's power.

Tiddlywiki is also, by a fair margin, the most sophisticated program I've
run into in years (and I'll wager my number of years in the computer field
rival anyone else's) with essentially no semblance of a help system. For
just a few hundred bytes, we could offer folks an intermediate level of the
program that includes key help files with negligible impact of the program.
Something between the bare-bones empty and the full web-site would be
helpful.

Other strengths:

> 1. It's actively developed and supported and the primary developer is
> accessible. :)
> 2. It has a great community that is both enthusiastic and open to
> newcomers.

I strongly agree with these two points. Without those two, I wouldn't be
here.