Hi Rowan

The bopland.org service doesn't seem to exist anymore, which is too bad.
It was very nice to be able to write tabs and musical notation, have it
play back and transpose.
You could even download a mp3 file.

I haven't been able to find out what happened to the service.

We will just have to wait and see if any alternatives show up.

Have you checked out VexTab <http://public.vexflow.com/vextab/>? It
currently works as a plugin
<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/vextab-music-notation/pjggkphnejbllmmkmmgibonkbbhfjnkk>
in google docs.