On Monday, August 29, 2016 at 5:48:34 PM UTC+2, Danielo Rodríguez wrote:

> That is awesome, and far better than using a class.

ATM I don't know, if CSS [attr] styling is considered "slow". It depends, a
lot on browser optimizations. eg: drop-shadows are supported for a long
time, but still can slow down page rendering on mobile devices. ...

> This allows very flexible selectors as *ta-title^="Draft of '"* for
> selecting all the tiddlers begginig with that string, including single
> quotes. And the browsers compatibility seems to be very wide, from IE7 and
> all the mayor browsers.

That's true. We would have very powerful and very specific CSS filters,
that can be used in standard stylesheets. So no need for "hard coded"

The biggest pro would be, that it seems no url-encoding is needed. So we
could use real tiddler titles. ... BUT ... some tests with Cyrillic and
other languages should be made. ... So it may be necessary to add access to
other tiddler fields, and use them for workarounds if tiddler titles fail.

> I hope you have posted this information on the GH issue. I find it very
> valuable.

Not yet. ... more tests needed.

> How open are you to implement this on the core? I know this depends
> ultimately on Jeremy, but your opinion has a lot of weight too.

Yes. I think *it might* be a possibility fix issue 958
<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/958> and even improve the
possibilities.

But it will introduce backwards incompatibility, if we replace the existing
mechanism, which is definitely needed in my point of view see issue 958

 - So we would need to deprecate the existing one and introduce the new
one.
 - After enough time eg: 2 version updates we could remove the old
mechanism.

So the way to convince Jeremy is: to prove, that it works and is actually a
lot better then the existing mechanism.

I'm not sure, how much the tc-tagging mechanism is really used. There
aren't many posts in this group about problems. May be because many tags
are "single words", or low usage. .. I don't know.

-m

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/fc82b6c8-c6b4-4ada-996b-de707d0bebc9%40googlegroups.com.