Hi Danielo

> That's a very daunting conversation. Seems to leave apart all NoteSelf
> features and focuses only on the worst part.

Not at all! In one of the messages I said that the CouchDB support was terrific
but that I wasn’t a fan of local storage.

> First of all, it is not saved to local storage, it is persisted on IndexedDB

I was using “local storage” in lower case to cover all kinds of storage in the
browser. There’s little practical difference for an end user between IndexedDB
and localStorage.

> Regarding "leaving information behind"
>
> Serious privacy issues with leaving user data locked up the browser without
> their knowledge
>
> NoteSelf it's very clear about where information is stored, and provides
> SEVERAL EASY ways of deleting the information you store on it. Not to mention
> that leaving information on the browser is as insecure as leaving them on the
> filesystem.

That comment was with respect to a different comment of mine, to the effect
that I could see a role for local storage as a temporary backup in case saving
fails.

> It's a bit sad that you leave apart all this features:

But literally all of those features are part of CouchDB, and hence covered by
my approval in the original tweet.

> and focus on a technology that is not even being used.

Part of the issue is that part of the reaction to NoteSelf has actually been
reaction to seeing browser local storage used for the first time. To me, that’s
really an irrelevant distraction from what’s cool about NoteSelf.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/620B0A72-3B0B-4ADA-B535-3F0CF155F92B%40gmail.com.