Descriptions like what PMario just included should be what one finds within
the introductory developer documentation, that is currently lacking in
useful examples and basic insights.  Doing a Google search on most
TiddlyWiki Widgets normally leads you to a Google Groups post and not to
the formal documentation.

The documentation on Widgets <http://tiddlywiki.com/#Widgets>, for example,
confusingly states, "Widgets are analogous to elements in an HTML document."
 *What?!?! * That sounds like widgets are simply nodes within an internally
used DOM domain which *conceptually* are not what widgets are.  My current
understanding is that Widgets are better understood conceptually as
*commands* within TiddlyWiki's own Domain-specific language
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain-specific_language>.  I'm not saying
that these commands don't affect the browser's DOM or how tiddlers get
rendered, but that *conceptually*, they are not the same thing.

The Widgets <http://tiddlywiki.com/#Widgets> documentation even goes on
further to confusing use the term "element widgets." But when you search
for the term "*element*" at either   tiddlywiki.com
<http://tiddlywiki.com/#Widgets> or tiddlywiki.com/dev/ you will find no
reference to the term used to explain what a Widget even is. Much of the
documentation appears to be written from the perspective/context of being
intended to be used solely as mental reminders to that same author that
already possesses a comprehensive understanding of how TiddlyWiki functions
internally.

Personal perspective is not the best perspective/context in which to write
documentation to an audience that doesn't share that same deep
understanding.  Personal mental reminders about a complicated subject are
great for one's own personal use and consumption, but place huge barriers
of entry to those new to TiddlyWiki development.

Perhaps the developer documentation should add a
*tiddlywiki.com/beginnerdev* documentation site that targets developers new
to TiddlyWiki development.

Thank you,

-Doug

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/8a59a3ee-2602-4536-8f56-cf4aa1c9db6c%40googlegroups.com.