On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 5:53:13 PM UTC-5, PMario wrote:

> On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 11:41:36 PM UTC+1, Mat wrote:
>>

>> The TiddlerWidget <http://tiddlywiki.com/#TiddlerWidget> is used to set
>>> a value for the current tiddler
>>> <http://tiddlywiki.com/#Current%20Tiddler> variable, valid within the
>>> scope of the TiddlerWidget.
>>>

>> Better?
>>

> For me. .. Yes.
> -m

Speaking as an end-user who recently (about a year ago) started using
TiddlyWiki, I would like to say that Neither the original sentence nor
Mat's first attempt made any sense to me. It was only after reading
PMario's explanation that I think I now understand what the TiddlerWidget
is used for. I doubt I would have understood Mat's second statement without
having read PMario's explanation first.

To give you a little background of where I am coming from as a user, I used
to be a software developer in the 90's but now I only get to dig into
software as a hobby. I use TiddlyWiki as I imagine it was intended, a
convenient way to take notes and organize my ideas.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0fbd39ff-ae03-46c6-b419-637d47ff894e%40googlegroups.com.