Hello Josiah

Very good questions. I think they should be added to the official FAQ.
Would you mind to open an issue to the official NoteSelf Repo?

> 1 - its unclear how exactly to sign up to Cloudant. And whether they will
> CHARGE your Credit Card. Do you need to pay to just test?

Those are two questions actually. About how to sign up to Cloudant, there
is a video. I should spend some time making it remarkable. Regarding the
second question, Cloudant DO NOT require any Credit Card to sign up, and
they will not charge you anything unless you hit some (quite generous)
milestones.

2 - its unclear what in NoteSelf is the TW "Evernote Replacement" and what
> could be used other ways.

For me being able to store notes, checklist, bookmarks, all in one place
and have them synched between devices is the part that replaces Evernote.

> 3 - personally I'm interested in the PouchDB / CouchDB combo for E-pubs
> but your github does not explain how to integrate the functions of PouchDB
> in a standard TW that would enable that (not that you SHOULD--only if you
> interested in that).

That is because I'm not interested on giving support to standalone usages
of TiddlyPouch. They require some technical skills that I don't have time
to properly explain to normal users. Any advanced user otherwise should be
able to just go to TiddlyPouch repo and grab it to their own needs.

Regards

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1b42f738-fee7-4c83-907b-b6a91f8d36fb%40googlegroups.com.