I think you do raise the point that maybe the language "Open in new window"
could be confusing. It is NOT a new browser instance. Its more like a
"Pop-out". The point is its a child, or slave, of the TW. Anything you do
in it is immediately done in the TW.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/4e8ec7af-1aaf-4ccc-b8a6-a97b4063d169%40googlegroups.com.