Hi all,

Just trying to understand my options for hosting TiddlyWiki 5's online. I
would like to save

a) 10-15 tiddlywikis
b) that I can open and edit and save changes via my Windows laptop or my
ipad and have the changes visible to either device
c) that is secure
d) without having to learn about databases
e) preferably, though not necessarily, the ability to permalink tiddlers
and share them (view only, not edit)

It looks as thought Tiddlyspot is not very secure, but otherwise meets the
other criteria. So I think I want to pass on that option.

Noteself looks promising, I think, but is confusing to me: 1) it says I can
save multiple TWs but since the url is always the same, it is not clear how
to move from one to the other, and whether saving a new one will also
include there all the tiddlers saved to date in the current one. 2) It
looks like the only way to sync between devices is to already have a couch
database. I assume this means I need to do a whole learning curve re Couch
databases to create one. I wouldn't even know where to begin with that. 3)
Since the noteself url is always the same, it isn't clear how I would share
a tiddler's permalink with others.

I have my own website and could store TiddlyWikis there, and often do. But
is there a plugin for setting up online use that I could use to edit and
save changes to them when out and about working from my ipad? Some way to
host it online but where if I have the username and password, I can edit
it? I recall Udo had something that worked like that for TW classic.

Blessings,

Dave

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b5697ab0-7dd7-4f43-800f-0ed061593314%40googlegroups.com.