When you say the insecurity of the store.php approach worries you, what
exactly are you worried about?

I agree there are security issues with store.php but I have seen far worse
issues in commercial applications.

Personally, I was concerned that store.php uses cleartext passwords in it's
configuration file. So, I changed my copy to use a hash of the password
(for the technical minded, I used the hash format for Apache Digest
Authentication).

Store.php has settings to override the tiddlywiki configured filename and
backup directory, I used those to prevent someone from uploading arbitrary
files.

There is still an issue of brute force password guessing that I haven't
decided how I want to resolve yet.

On Monday, April 24, 2017 at 4:16:48 PM UTC-4, David Gifford wrote:

> It does concern me, though, the level of insecurity of the store.php
> approach. So I will still eventually experiment more with Noteself. But to
> be honest I do need the ability to link between files and permalink to
> share with others.

Dave

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/15a32c0d-1bc9-4a0a-8dc4-1f0ba849f031%40googlegroups.com.