Hello Dave,

Let's see if I can help you with this topic

Noteself looks promising, I think, but is confusing to me:

Sad to hear that. Let's work on it

> 1) it says I can save multiple TWs but since the url is always the same,
> it is not clear how to move from one to the other,

Yes, you can have multiple TWs. Each wiki is stored on a separate database
so they do not interfere each other.  Which wiki is stored on which
database is configured through the control panel.

> and whether saving a new one will also include there all the tiddlers
> saved to date in the current one.

You have to manually switch fro one wiki to another and reload the page.
Currently there is no way to communicate wikis.

> 2) It looks like the only way to sync between devices is to already have a
> couch database.

Yes. There is no web mechanism ATM to communicate a browser peer to peer.

> I assume this means I need to do a whole learning curve re Couch databases
> to create one. I wouldn't even know where to begin with that.

I promise that you don't need to. It's a very straightforward process. It
takes less than two minutes. Take a look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc5lNND8dZE

> 3) Since the noteself url is always the same, it isn't clear how I would
> share a tiddler's permalink with others.

Currently it is not possible. I'm working on it.

> But is there a plugin for setting up online use that I could use to edit
> and save changes to them when out and about working from my ipad? Some way
> to host it online but where if I have the username and password, I can edit
> it? I recall Udo had something that worked like that for TW classic.

Github + gh-pages is a very good place to store wikis due to the nature of
tiddlywiki. You can have a wiki stored on Github, where each tiddler is
saved as a standalone file. You can then configure and an automatic process
for rebuilding and updating your wiki on every file change. I have created
a template for this. Take a look at this:

https://github.com/danielo515/TW5-auto-publish2gh-pages

There is a drawback to this approach: If you want to edit the tiddlers
online you have to use GitHub's interface and edit tiddlers like they were
plain text files. In some scenarios this may be overkill.
I have also created an small web-app to fix this situation, but it is
currently on BETA. It has a bug that prevents the creation of new tiddlers
(I'm working on it) but it should allow you to edit existing ones and save
them back to github. Take a look and let me know what do you think about it:

https://octowiki.github.io/

Hope this helps a bit.
Regards!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/bf3529ca-f01b-4dea-83ba-984a87747ae6%40googlegroups.com.