Ciao Yakov

I'll hop in on part of this since I know a bit about it.

Best wishes
Josiah

On Monday, 5 June 2017 11:38:53 UTC+2, Yakov wrote:

>  If you suggest that google groups is a not-good-enoug tool than what do
> you suggest as a better one?

Most any other forum :-). Two things GoogleGroups is good for is (1) being
able to use it via email as well as on web; (2) immediate, in process
discussions. For everything else its awful. No up-voting (i.e. public
favouriting). Awful search mechanism, which means you quickly lose history.
Shoddy pin mechanism.

Reddit is one kind of alternative that might suit your purposes, take a
look, since it allows supplementary wikis that can gather and list
resources. StackOverflow is excellent BUT if your numbers are low it can
make life hard having to meet their targets to get fully up and running.

> Speaking of TiddlyFox, what's the best place to discuss future development
> now?

Here: https://github.com/TiddlyWiki/TiddlyFox

A nicer approach would be if the discussion tool has some sort of tags so
> that somebody can read threads tagged TW5 --- but in that case everybody *has
> to* tag their posts

FWIW, Google Groups actually has both "category" & "tagging" mechanisms.
They are set to be obligatory. Somewhat crude, but kinda work. BUT I don't
know how you would get that to work for email subscribers.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/672db5c9-2ecd-410b-9c9c-ff5a3c1dc314%40googlegroups.com.