On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 9:24:16 AM UTC-5, Mat wrote:

> That could be a good interim solution (...no more than 25 years) and I'm
> surprised nobody has suggested it before.
>
> But if it is strictly for announcements, that would mean one has to post
> in *both *groups or people cannot come with input.

Not quite what I meant Mat.  When you announce BatchManipulator, for
example, I can post feedback to that thread.  So I *should* have said,
announcement *topics* only.  Better?

> And, presumably again in both groups for update notices.

As the topic OP, you get to update the original, or, you post again (new
topic) making the new post a new announcement which seeds higher in the
list anyway.

> Not a huge problem but it is an extra step that is not obvious. On the
> other hand, if announcements only then anyone can make the announcement,
> not necessarily the plugin creator. Should the creator not be happy with
> someone elses announcement of his plugin, then I guess he can request
> deletion in that thread and post a new announcement instead.

There are those (hopefully) rare occurrences, yes.  But what we have right
now is inferior, IMO.  A plugins group should aid search and, if that's not
the case in some circumstances, you can just read all the headlines in one
place.

Thinking further, authors *could* say "Post feedback and questions to the
main discussion group, please!"  But I personally think it would be better
in the plugin group, possibly.

> Any volunteering moderators? It would be best with several moderators
> because of the ebb-and-flow type participation people have (including
> myself). So, if a few more are volunteers then I can be one.

Yeah, me too - guilty as charged, guv.

;)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/cb6a642a-d611-4e1a-93e9-3739416a15be%40googlegroups.com.