Maybe the problem is the "wiki" part of the name. People looking for
alternatives to a product know to look up something like "program like
lotus 123". But most people don't need or want an alternative to a "wiki".
The people who do want an alternative to existing wikis (and we know who
you are) already know where to look.

So is TW really a Wiki? Or a personal information manager?

I was just looking at the "alternativeto.net" site and noticed that they
include TW as a competitor to various wikis, not to Evernote(tm). All of
the competitive Wiki's also have low activity counts. The top open-source
evernote competitor is listed as Laverna.

Maybe rebranding as InfoSlicer, Rememberall, InfoCache (or something more
creative) would put TW on more people's radars.

Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/5cc956d6-c51f-4c63-b8eb-b8240fe3cd5e%40googlegroups.com.