I can't overtly disagree with any of that - the evidence is right before
our eyes (even if the actual data might prove hard to amass and interpret).

So, do YOU think a plugins group might serve us and new users better?  I'm
thinking also that Mark's approach would work a little easier if not very
much better with a one-stop-shop to target...

Mark said

...because whenever I find something interesting, I clip it and save it,

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/7035c678-abaf-4d65-b26e-671f52354744%40googlegroups.com.