Originally, I was having *very* similar thoughts.  Then I realised it needs
to be (essentially) "free" - $$$ becomes a barrier to entry for a lot of
people, which, depending on the topic, includes me.

It is an intriguing idea, nonetheless.  But, as Mat said, the proposed
approach is a "good interim solution" - I don't want to lose sight of that,
initially.  It's best, I think, to get something working better than the
status quo that solves the numero uno problem - how the hell do I find
something that solves my immediate problem.  A one-top-shop for plugins
(with GOOD explanations in the announcements) might just solve that.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/5d499dbf-930a-401f-b8d0-a95190c86528%40googlegroups.com.