Ciao Jan

*Is your screenwriting plugin somewhere I can take a look so I can better
understand your approach?*

Regarding parsers for what we need. The more I think about it the clearer
it gets to me that what is needed is *a "Generic" parser *that you can
quickly add codes to. For instance, in what I am currently working on the
markup codes are something like this ...

:s:7 INT. - PARK HUT - NIGHT

:a Baxter enters carrying Perry Mason.

:c BAXTER

:p (coughs)

:d Paul, are you there? Perry had an accident.

To get those lines converted to HTML is quite easy using regular
expressions. But I DON'T think the specific regexes should be individually
"HARD CODED" into Javascript. Rather, we should devise a* Markup that is
extensible* so you could apply the same method for potentially laying out
many types of document. In short, we need *a method by which a user could
easily add new codes*.

I'm also thinking there could easily be LONG-FORM codes that a user could
use till they learned the SHORT-FORM (above) ... For example ...

:scene:7 INT. - PARK HUT - NIGHT

:action Baxter enters carrying Perry Mason.

:character BAXTER

:parenthetical (coughs)

:dialogue Paul, are you there? Perry had an accident.

In addition, add-hoc markup could allow CONVERSION markup to be built --
Like being able to convert back & forth with Fountain markup. And also to
be able to at least part convert plain text screenplays to a TW format.

I'm working on a demo using Skeeve to illustrate those issues. It will take
me a few more days to finish it. I'm hoping, after that, we'll be able to
say *more precisely* what we asking of the JavaScript department.

Just today's thoughts.

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/de337d8d-f1c5-4142-b21a-8293b40322ff%40googlegroups.com.