The problem with the word "wiki" is it comes to mean a load of things it
never originally intended.

X-Wiki is, as others mention, is not anything close to TW other than being
a "wiki" (wiki="a user friendly author driven medium." Though its meaning
nowadays got messed up by both Wikipedia & Mr. Assange).

https://noteself.github.io/ and https://maarfapad.cloudno.de are
innovations of TidltyWiki that save to database rather than file. Otherwise
they are exactly the same.

*"TWX" moniker has probably gone public before it should have. I blame Mat *:-)
who started a thread on it in the TiddlyWikiDev group. I knew of it but
kept stum till he opened his mouth on it.

"TWX" is Jeremy Ruston's personal code for a possible future TW that
simplifies the current version & addresses some of its issues.

That said, Arlen is right, there is much, much scope in TW5 that is still
actively developing and, basically, TWX is Jermolene's baby with HIS
gestation period, however long, not ours.

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0c5d0d4f-b46b-4b86-b58a-2bccfd424c96%40googlegroups.com.