I'm using TiddlyWiki classic. When I save an edited TiddlyWiki file using the
browser's Ctrl-S shortcut, then close, then reopen the file, I get a message
that the file “has been incorrectly saved“. The backstage link is then
duplicated at the top of the page. When I edit that page, save again (using
browser's Ctrl-S), close and reopen, I get that error message again and now
have three backstage links at the top of the page, though only one of these,
the bottommost, works. However, when I click on the working link I get three
sets of backstage menus.

This happens in Firefox (56.0.1) and Chrome (62.0.3202.62).

I suspect that each time I save a new TiddlyWiki file using the browser's save
command a new instance of the backstage link and area will be added to the
newly saved file. Obviously, that is unacceptable.

What am I doing wrong and/or how can I prevent or rectify the duplication of
backstage links and areas?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/5c032ef6-0af2-4a7c-b038-6d9d1761be8d%40googlegroups.com.