Mark,

In all my years of using Portable apps (perhaps even 20 years) off and On I
have never seen malware. Once you install it running a scan against it
should be insightful as many people use it and most virus programs know
these files, most of which are the same as the original just packaged to be
portable.

ie PortableApps.com is my source.

I have a high level of confidence in portableapps.com

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/534e59b9-5fc9-4130-a83a-7ee34a6cb82f%40googlegroups.com.