Ciao BuringTreeC

I'm giving opinions ... points of contrast. Please reject me as needed.

The general TOGGLE approach in TiddlyTouch is BRILLIANT. Much of which in
another approach you'd need to do leaving the interface and go config
Tiddler to do.

IMO, configuring an interface WITHIN  the basic interface you are
thumbs-up. It easy for users to learn staying in the level presented and
never having to see some weirdly different config console.

That said, there are issues with Toggles. IMO they work best when they do
something at ONE  level  ... like change width.

I am NOT convinced a toggle should be used for the various edit states. The
reason is that results are NOT at the same level. In one option the thing
will dissapear (save & close), in another you won't really know what its
done (save and continue) and another (save but keep in stream) is bland.

To try make my point clearer ... for instance, if TiddlyTouch had 15+
different visual CSS layouts I  think it WOULD work to toggle through them
one by one. Why? Because you only gonna DO IT ONCE on setup. Its not
everyday and zillions of morphs would be fine.

The other settings that are USED DAILY I think you need a limit. I was very
happy to see you added width setting toggle to each tiddler. I think you
are right to set the max at 6 for that.

This is a long way round of saying ...

1 - keep the toggle states of DAILY use low (6 or less)

2 - one off changes like global CSS  you do in a blue moon can be large (15
or more)

3 - Toggles that don't just change appearance but change function (like
variations on saving), IMO should be avoided because the visual feedback is
confusing.

My two cents
Josiah

Regarding NUMBERS of toggle states ... It differs between purposes.  For
instance, if yu hcce 1

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/24697719-7182-4e89-9e61-bb23974e6cf6%40googlegroups.com.