Oops. Change CheckboxTemplate to

<$checkbox field="criteria"  checked="yes" unchecked="no"/>
{{!!title}}Enter code here...

and Search made by Mark to:

\define addCrit() $(additionalCriteria)$
<$macrocall
    $name="toc-tabbed-internal-nav"
    tag="TableOfContents"
    selectedTiddler="$:/temp/toc/selectedTiddler"
    unselectedText="<p>Select a topic in the table of contents. Click the
arrow to expand a topic.</p>"
    missingText="<p>Missing tiddler.</p>"
template="CheckboxTemplate"
/>
<$edit-text tiddler=additionalCriteria tag=input size=20 /><br>
<$vars additionalCriteria={{additionalCriteria}}>
<<list-links "[field:criteria[yes]tagging[]regexp<addCrit>]">>
</$vars>

That worked with your test site, which is very nice BTW.

-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/43da485e-cd71-4c1e-88a1-ae99a6deddee%40googlegroups.com.