Zyb is saying (I think) that the failure occurred silently. That is, it
didn't announce that it wasn't saving. So your method would fail just like
the DropBox method, because no new edits were being saved to disk.

Maybe TW needs to make a bigger fuss when a save fails so that the user
knows to stop working. It already does this when running on node.js.

-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f9efdf75-2387-4074-9df1-bc918713c1e3%40googlegroups.com.