Hi Greg, Tony,

On Friday, May 4, 2018 at 9:18:58 AM UTC-7, Greg Molyneux wrote:

> Tony,
>
> Related to the feature set you're discussing, you might find it useful to
> look at this bit of code:
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/Qw5sjePXfr0

It looks nice but it's doing something behind the scenes unnecessarily
resource intensive. Various actions work at a crawl unless you also have
the main tab on top -- in which case what is the point?

I made a much simpler, (and uglier, admittedly) separate-window tool that
can be used for notes (but not that fancy drag/drop stuff) Just put this in
a tiddler:

<$select tiddler="$:/state/side-edit-tiddler" tag="input">
<$list filter="[!is[system]sort[title]]">
<option value=<<currentTiddler>>><$text text=<<currentTiddler>>/></option>
</$list>
</$select>

Then open the tiddler in it's own window. From the drop-down list pick the
tiddler you want to work in. Now you can take notes in a floating notepad.

 there's a reason David is using Dynalist to compile all these bits of
> shiny things for TW - it just works, and it's easy.

Yeah, but for $96-$120 bucks a year it should do more than "just work" ! It
should also make coffee and give back rubs.

The TWO mini-app is pretty easy, IMHO. Used with TiddlyWiki In the Sky it
becomes a viable substitute for SimpleNote, but providing notebook-like
structure.

Using TWO you can set up "Notebooks" in order to categorize the information
you wish to capture.

One of the things that bothers me about TiddlyWiki, Evernote, and
Simplenotes is that creating notes and tagging isn't really enough. There's
a lingering worry that you're going to forget that you saved stuff in the
first place. Being able to create a tree or outline structure is kind of a
way to help your mental "wiki" remember what all you've put in your actual
Wiki. But that may be just me. The "NoteStorm"  app was my default TW back
with in the days of TWC. It provided some structure that helped keep your
thinking primed.

I'd love to have a
> capable open outliner, with which I could view/relate/modify/reorganize
> data in a capable mind mapping/diagramming tool.  Then take that data and
> organize tasks and projects on a kanban type board.  Then take items from
> that board and reference them in my GTD TW implementaion with dates,
> resource lists, contacts, etc.  All of these components exist now, but
> getting them to work well *together* is in many ways beyond my limited
> ability, and that of most non-technical users.

I think you'd have to start with a specific end-product in mind, and then
get various people to agree to work on it together. But I don't know what
central target product would be compelling enough for everyone to aim for.
In addition, many of the amazing things you see don't work together because
they're based on 3rd party JS libraries, where the differences might be
nearly impossible to work out.

-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ba834cc1-edff-49dc-96cf-324dd6e74d32%40googlegroups.com.