yes, that's perfect - each of the fieldnames were names of data tiddlers.
Thank you!!

And, yes, I have been perusing those filter topics at tiddlywiki.com, but I
never thought of/found "getindex".  I'm sure as I learn more the different
parts will start making more sense.

At some point in the past I remember seeing a kind of "flow chart"
explanation of filters, but I didn't find that last night.  Have you ever
come across that?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/12096e56-be63-4ec0-bb3c-a370afa0b46b%40googlegroups.com.