Indexing is the key to scalability.

I can imagine a semi-indexed approach that might work:

Pack all the product tiddlers into a single tiddler (perhaps a JSON data
tiddler, or perhaps something new). Let's call it tiddlers-tiddler. There's
a zip plugin, so possibly the data could even be compressed.

Reference the product tiddlers using one or more data dictionaries, that
are organized by product id, description, etc.

Change search look ups to use the data dictionaries.

When a product tiddler is needed, unpack it from the tiddlers-tiddler and
then proceed as usual. Unless a customer obstinately insists on seeing ALL
products at once, the size of the TW and (more importantly) the total
number of deployed tiddlers would be greatly reduced.

Something to think about.

-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/6c5c20be-6c3a-48f8-811b-bb41fa0f0ec1%40googlegroups.com.