Hi,

The problem with the existing mechanism is, that "whitespace matters" for a
good reason, as Jeremy explained. The backside of the coin bites us with UI
generation. ...

The TW UI has grown over time quite a bit. We have about 300 shadow
tiddlers, that match the search term $:/core/ui. At the early stages, there
was no possibility to trim whitespace, which helps to make UI code more
readable - now. .. But it's only available in the latest versions.

The main problem now is, that the base CSS contains a lot of hardcoded
paddings and margins, that are needed to fix exactly this problem. ... So
if we change the UI code, we would also need to modify the base.css code,
which will create a compatibility problem.

I think it should be done, but it's a process and it won't be fast. It's a
lot of work, to do it right. ... BUT it would be worth it in the long run

have fun!
mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b387148e-de8e-4392-8003-cea50ee8a7c3%40googlegroups.com.