It turns out that the fix requires only six lines of code!

Well, OK, six lines spread across six files. It's pretty obvious that all
user-generated content is inside a tiddler body in the story river, so we
just turn on auto-generated paragraphs inside the tiddler body in the story
river (and in the edit preview). If someone is advanced enough to use it
anywhere else, they definitely know how to use the set widget to set one
variable. You can also turn it off for one tiddler in the story river using
the same method.

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/pull/3854

Tada!

Well, OK, I will grant you that it might require a tiny bit of tweaking to
adjust the CSS styles, but now that we're liberated, that should be fun! :)

Enjoy!
Arlen

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CAJ1vdSQ1AJO_dNAJkfPo9ROJeOdB51SLCK7ZBMioK2RN8Z%2BS8g%40mail.gmail.com.