On Thursday, August 1, 2019 at 10:06:27 PM UTC-7, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:

> Being able to launch individual wiki by single selectable choice? Not so
> sure on that. I think it could over-complicate Polly.

That's what I was thinking. It doesn't have a real graphical interface, and
that wasn't the primary object.

> That should be quite easy to do. One approach is if you leave
> "downloaddir" $null it will revert to the Env variable for current users
> profile?

We should find out if some version of "%userprofile%/downloads" will work
out of the box. Then that can be our default in the settings,
and the user can change it if they have some special download location.

> Mark, could you look into that? I ask because changing to always run in
> app dir will effect the "Restore" section most. That's where the change
> would have to be?

We'll definitely need to co-ordinate, since it's likely to need changes all
over the main PS file.

> I agree with Mark. I'd be nervous of auto-creating the  top level in a
> hierachy of folders because of the potential for unanticipated results. But
> any sub-dir below an existing directory I think is fine. So, for instance
> we maybe could eventually create sub-folder structure for parrots--provided
> the top dir exists?

The make-directory function already handles making new sub-directories, so
we should be able to add it for parrots. Hmm ... not sure if it knows to
make for subdirectory/subdirectory/sub...

Scott, great questions! Thanks.

Yes!