I guess my motivation for writing the plugin came after reading this:
http://tiddlywiki.org/wiki/Can_I_use_TiddlyWiki_as_a_multi-user/collaborative/server_based_wiki%3F.

Unfortunately, the wiki is not always up to date or very well structured. (You might have noticed there's information about server-sides all over the place.)

TiddlyWeb gives you the flexibility to store individual tiddlers on a
server (without having to use a database) while letting you keep a
standalone tiddlywiki html file

That's right. Separation of client and server with loose coupling of those components are major design goals.

-- F.