Following on from your comments:

"What happens to the contributor code?" - there are very few
contributors who keep their code in the contributors directory in
subversion. A few years back we tried actively to get contributors to
use subversion, but there was little appetite for it. Contributors can
already move their code as they wish, so I don't personally think that
we will, in practice, get any more fragmentation of plugins.

"Lost history". There are disadvantages and advantages of importing
the history into git. History is mainly of interest to core developers
of TiddlyWiki, and they will be slightly inconvenienced by having to
look in subversion for history. But a clean break means a smaller and
more easily usable repository for those not interested in the history.
So a question - how often do you look at the history?

"Tickets". I agree that this is a difficult issue, and I don't think
there is an entirely satisfactory solution.

Martin