On Feb 1, 10:08 pm, Tobias Beer <beertob...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Somewhere along this thread I read that the discussion is about some
> +-300 active issues. I would suggest that someone (preferably
> @Osmosoft) took a few days to browse through them... prioritize the
> issues (by a beforehand agreed upon evaluation scheme) - see Martin's
> points - and move whatever is deemed important enough to the new
> system ...not waiting for anyone else - perhaps new to tw-and-its-
> shiny-new-git-thingy - to be searching through abandoned (trac)
> archives for some unresolved backlogs.

I agree with this apart from the "Osmosoft" doing this. We are an open
source project and should act like it. The issues list is quite simply
too big. As Martin points out some of those issues have changes that
will break backwards compatibility, these are not actionable and
should be recorded somewhere other than an issues list. A developer
wiki or some other system.

What might be a good idea is to collaboratively as a community review
these trac tickets. We could imagine setting up a TiddlySpace which
has imported all the trac tickets where any registered member (or any
interested TiddlyWiki community member) can review the tickets CREATE/
AMEND but not DELETE. We could imagine using conventions such as
adding a tag "discard", "needswork" or "keep" to each of these
tickets. After this process any tagged discard, we delete, any that
have been tagged needswork are improved, any tagged keep are migrated
to github.

I think a transparent review system like the above will help here.

Thoughts?