> And a followup question.- I searched for semantics evaluation etc. but no
> hits.
>
> Is there a description of how a tiddler gets turned into HTML?
>
> If I were to implement this I'd be thinking
>
> tokenize -> parse -> transform -> render
>
> After parsing I'd get an abstract syntax tree (AST1) representing the
> tiddler.
> I'd evaluate this to produce a second AST representing (abstracted HTML)
> then I'd render this.
>
> Is it done like this?
>
> It would be very helpful to see the AST1 after parsing (if this is the way
> it was done)
>
> Of course it might be implemented by some other means (like directly
> manipulating the
> DOM) during parsing.

Hi Joe,

Have a look at the "Tools for exploring the internals of TiddlyWiki" in the
ControlPanel under Plugins - get more plugins - open plugin library

that gives you new insight looks in the preview panel like "parse tree" or
"widget tree"

you can then choose them in the dropdown beneath the "eye" button in the
editor toolbar

Simon

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/55977986-a407-4358-9887-1197b98b6b6a%40googlegroups.com.