On Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 4:52:18 PM UTC+1, joearms wrote:

> I'm trying to understand how to program the TW - right now what I'm doing
> is reading the source of individual tiddlers and guessing what the
> code means.
>
> This is a rather time consuming process, and unsatisfactory, to the
> extent that if something works, I'm not sure if it works because I
> accidentally got it right or by design.

Hi,

You should start here: https://tiddlywiki.com/#WikiText
The basics are at the top of the list.
The further down you get, the more advanced the stuff gets.

-- A bit of History --------------------

The first alpha-11 was released Nov 2013,
V5.1.0 which is TW5 Version 1.0 was released Sept 2014,
We reached V5.1.15 now. ... So trying to understand everything in a week or
two will be hard ;)

So just keep asking!

Since V5.1.0 Backwards compatibility is one major goal, which has
advantages and disadvantages.

The advantages imo are obvious. ... The disadvantages are, that there are
some inconsistencies, which are kept for compatibility reasons.

White space is 1 of them. ... I'll crate a new post for this one.

You can see the history here
<https://tiddlywiki.com/#TiddlyWiki%20Releases:%5B%5BTiddlyWiki%20Releases%5D%5D%20BetaReleases%20AlphaReleases>,

if you want.

have fun!