Mat,

Perhaps my answer was too short, to make clear what I was trying to say.

> Yeah. My proposal is about the broader idea to have "ubiquitous hooks" on
> all visual parts. The examples are just to clarify, they're not real
> suggestions.

and my example shows examples already using generic names for fields that
serve specific purposes as would your proposed "hooks" when using fields.
An example would be the append and prepend fields you mention.

>> I wanted to put a question to the devs that everywiki has fields such as
>> listed here https://tiddlywiki.com/#TiddlerFields
>>

> (...and then you mention several fictional field examples)

What are the fictional examples I gave?, All the listed fields are
documented as such, to me the source field does not necessarily mean "The
source URL associated with a tiddler", yet the user is told in the doco
that this is what it means.

> I'm not sure where you're going with this comment. And it seems OT to what
> my proposal is about, no?
>
> I think perhaps it is a side topic, not off topic and is a suggested
condition for your proposed solution. An example may be since your
"ubiquitous hooks" [are] on all visual parts" that the related fields are
prefixed "ui-" for user interface, imagine a field called ui-list on any
tiddler that would transclude the listed items just as the view-template
does its items tagged $:/tags/ViewTemplate, or a ui-viewtemplate field that
specified an alternate view template for the current tiddler.

I would be in favour of moving tags into field values where possible since
tags are key to the users experience of  a non-linear personal web notebook.
As I said before  the current conventions *overlap a universal field idea*.
Providing Ubiquitous hooks also needs to be "universal" and should avoid
overlap.

<:-)

I hope that helps, I in know way want to interfere with your interesting
ideas,

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/d7cce5be-57bc-48ca-b60b-e6872691f0aa%40googlegroups.com.