> Hi, with the rumors or facts about MS buying GitHub I've seen projects
> discussing moving over to GitLab

> Because TiddlyWiki5 already wants to move to another repo, I'd like to ask if
> GitLab is something that could be considered, too?

If you mean the hosted version of GitLab, I wouldn’t see much difference
between that and GitHub; they’re both commercial organisations with their own
goals that may not always align with ours. (Back in 2008 I was initially
against the migration from our own self-hosted VCS to GitHub, for background).

> Jeremy wants to keep the repository structure

To be specific, I want to retain the “monorepo" structure for TiddlyWiki5: a
single repo that contains all the core components, so that they are
automatically in sync with one another. That includes: the core code, the core
plugins, and the core reference documentation.

If we want to give translators (say) write access to a particular plugin then
we’d instead ask them to maintain their own repo of that plugin, and we’d pull
the changes in when they’re updated.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/82DC305C-DC20-40C8-8197-6CF21CDC9A2D%40gmail.com.