On Friday, September 18, 2020 at 4:21:21 AM UTC+2, TonyM wrote:

As I said before, I love the "details" example of yours. However I just
> wanted to let you know, I do not resonate with you use of multiple hyphens
> -- and --- etc, perhaps because of my eye-site or the difficulty matching
> or remembering how many to do what. This example with the existing system
> is a little better for me;
>
> \customize tick="d" _element="details" _params=
> ".notop.cbox.cbox-primary.hard-linebreaks" _endString="/d" _mode=block
> open
> \customize tick="s" _element="summary" _params=".margin-init"
>
> ´d ´s Details - Summary /s
> line 1
> line 2
> /d
> So I am quite happy with the "out of the box" solution.

That's fine. You can use it that way. I'll add some more information, that
the _endString is "just a convention" (In this case my convention). But
everyone can develop their own thing.

> However this prompts me to ask, if for block custom wikitext, that could
> we automate the end string if desired? eg wrap something in
> ´d details here ´/d

tick automatically defaults to end of line. So you can skip it, if there is
only 1 line like your example

> ´d
> line 1
> line 2
> ´/d
>
> Where the ´/d or /d

This can be done. You only need to configure it that way.

>    - is the default end-string unless one is provided
>
> yes. 4 + 2 ... 4 elements use \n and 2 elements use \n\n by default.

>    - and of course all "Symbol/anything" are only possible end strings
>
> It has to be a unicode character. So it basically depends on the OS and
the installed unicode fonts, what's possible.

> I expect this details and similar incantations are going to give us
> something many have called for, for a long time, easy sliders and toggled
> content. This also helps with Q&A quizzes, tests etc...

Yes. .. I was thinking about a "details widget", that can store the state.

There may be some CSS eg: for printing, that makes all the details open by
default ... or something similar.

> Question;
> In the following case where I define a "More Details"
> \customize tick="md" _element="details" _params=
> ".notop.cbox.cbox-primary.hard-linebreaks" _endString="/md" _mode=block
> \customize tick="m" _element="summary" _params=".margin-init"
>
> ´md ´m
> line 1
> line 2
> /md
>
>    - Is there a way the tick="m" provides its own content eg more...
>
> Use:

´md ´m more ...

>    - Or could we even hide the ´m in the ´md definition? ie define the
>    summary in the more details since it is
>

>    - a default?
>
> If you use this:

´md
line 1
line 2
/md

The browser will use a "default" summary.* It's a _browser_ thing*. So I do
nothing here.

-mario