Ciao PMario

*Comments on INLINE markup.*

At the moment I'm writing markup like this ...

  ݦ `ݦ` Example single line for SA phrase groups. Won't fully work till
custom-inline is finished. ([[TT Notes]])
   °O `»¶ ... ⁋` Example mutli-line block for SA phrase groups.
   °O Good morning. Welcome to another
   ›ABsa
   °O ... So, let's start ...
  ⁋
   °P.p-b-v
   °O Observe how your body lays on the ground. What touches clearly. What
doesn't.
  ⁋

   °A.p-b-v
   °O Observe how your body lays on the ground etc ...
   °O
  ⁋
 §«

each ° inserts a <span> into a paragraph (»¶ ... ⁋). I'm doing it this way
because at the moment to do it inline would make it (1) FAR LESS READABLE
.... see below ...
and I also want to insert (2) NON-SPAN inline elements easily like  ›ABsa and
(3) sometimes NEST elements.

  »¶ °°.p-b-v°°   °°.o-ktl°° Now, observe how your body lays on the ground,
particularly °°.p-d.g-l°°   In this °°AB.sa°° movements are based on
"°°REF.r-jen.v°°143-9".

You mentioned before that the current inline parser need uses matched
pairs.
But *the pairs are identical *so inline NESTING becomes impossible.

I had a thought (horror!) :-) In block parser for Custom Markup you
basically leverage off LINE SPACING.

I'm wondering IF the use of SPACE INLINE use could work give the leverage
needed (regex °\S* ). IF so MY case above would become ...

  »¶ °.p-b-v   °.o-ktl Now, observe how your body lays on the ground,
particularly °.p-d.g-l   In this °AB.sa movements are based on
"°REF.r-jen.v 143-9".

... Now you gonna say that would ONLY match words ... so for anything other
than a word (string of chars that are not spaces) you use a closure.
Let's pretend ... its /°

  »¶ °.p-b-v   °.o-ktl Now, observe how your °.o-h body lays on the
ground/°, particularly °.p-d.g-l   In this °AB.sa movements are based on
"°REF.r-jen.v
143-9/°".

Hope this is clear! I'm wondering if this approach is possible??

I have two other simpler suggestions ...

1 - only have ONE character not two ... using @@ or °° is nowhere near as
readable as @ ° alone. *Markup in-line should be the most readable and the
most minimal *because that is where reading happens most.
2 - ADD a second ID, maybe aimed at paired use by default?

Very best wishes.
TT