TT ..

> I have two other simpler suggestions ...
>>
>> 1 - only have ONE character not two ... using @@ or °° is nowhere near as
>> readable as @ ° alone. *Markup in-line should be the most readable and
>> the most minimal *because that is where reading happens most.

PMario ...

> That's right. If we find the right "start" and "end" markers we could do 1
> character as a marker. ... But 1 ° char seems to be valid plain text for
> me. eg: 20°C ... should not start something special. ... 20 °C ... the ID
> would be ° (degree) and the symbol would be "C". .. But that's probably not
> intended. ..

Right. Degree is used by mathematicians, for navigation, for temperatures
etc ... So one needs an alternative ID :-) for users who use it a lot &
where an occasional *"°"* won't be enough :-).

Wher as °°C.class.class:param is a possible marker, that the parser can
> identify. Especially if the inline mode starts a the beginning of the line.
>
> °C will clash with the existing parser

Right. My concern here is a broader issue.

Do you think its a good idea to use the same ID characters for inline as
occur for block (i.e. single charter at line start) mode?

Would it not be better they were totally different?

Thoughts
TT