Regarding a use case using "shorthand"

PMario wrote:

> The point is, I'm completely clueless, why you write "content" with CSS?
> What is the purpose? Or is it just testing out the possibilities?

Its a good question to ask. It forces me to be explicit about it. Yeah, it
seems very bizarre at first. But its addressing a very specific use case.

For over a decade I have made manual SHORTHAND for lesson instructions for
bodywork. An example hand-written (on paper) shorthand for the start of a
lesson ...

Pb Ob Pbk Crl o ll at k // A1 Abk 1 L 2 R

These are instructions in a class I give voice to like this ...

Lay down on your back. Observe how you lay on the ground <a lot more like
this ... then ...> bend your knees. Cross your right leg over your left ...
etc

A whole lesson is written on ONE A6 card.
Transcribed a lesson would be 4-6 pages of A4.

I now want to put online some of these lessons (demand from students).
Since *hundreds of phrases are repeated i*n different lessons I want to
avoid having to write those for each lesson. That is the background. Hope
that makes clearer the issue!

I have done some experiments already in TW using transclusion (each
sub-phrase a tiddler). It works, but (1) the styling (I need to hide/show
parts of lessons) gets very complicated to manage; (2) its a barely
readable forest of *{{...}}.*

NOW I'm experimenting with your Custom Markup and the results so far look
very good. In fact it looks like I might be able to use a slightly modified
version my existing shorthand system (mixed with typed text). So, for
example ...

°Pb.-pos °Ob °.pbk IC.rl °.o °.ll It is important at  °.at °K // °.a-1
°a-bk Rest, then °.L2r

YES, its an experiment. But a well advanced one that looks very hopeful.
Once setup it seems very effective!

I think its an interesting use case of efficient utilization of CSS.

I may actually use it! :-)

Best wishes
TT