Mario,

I have returned to research after a short break, and realise it is not as
intuitive when you come back to, it but I am getting there.

As a starter I am reviewing first simple elements only

eg;
\customise tick=kbd _element=kbd _mode='inline'
\customise tick=div _element=div
\customise tick=p _element=p
\customise tick=summary _element=summary
\customise tick=article _element=article
\customise tick=aside _element=aside

They all seem to work as advertised and allow the additional of classes

This makes me ask if one of out special characters could simply default to
the element that follows the special character

eg
'aside Content is an aside

   - That is nominate one of the special character to just automatically
   treat what follows as this does \customise tick=aside _element=aside
   - So in fact we do not need to define any \customise tick=elementname
   _element=elementname
   - This should be achievable programaticaly so any element name can be
   used including arbitrary html elements.

So if we did this it would work like below but with no need to use the
\customise pragma for a nominated tic.
\customise tick=question _element=question
\customise tick=answer _element=answer
question { display: initial }
answer { display: none }

´question What do you think?

´answer Really cool eh?

By the way I do nor think we shopuld say

<ID>=<userSymbol>

Since to me the tick degree etc.. is a symbol

To me

<ID>=<name>
Would be better and note that name can be a single character, work or character
(the symbol).

Regards

Tony