Martin,

I just committed some changes that will hopefully fix these issues.  It's
not real pretty code - too many try/catch blocks - but it should be reading
& writing in UTF-8 per the RFB spec now.  If you could take a few minutes to
review it and/or test it I'd appreciate it.  At some point I'll go back and
re-implement this in a cleaner way, but right now I'm trying to focus on
getting this client into a stable working condition with all of the same
features that the previous client had.

All,

Slightly off-topic...  Has any one else experienced cut/copy/paste (from
client to server, server to client is fine) issues when running the unix
client under ubuntu linux (lucid/10.04)?  I spent quite a bit of time
chasing my tail because I noticed that cut/copy/paste had stopped working
with the java client and I thought it was the character handling changes
that broke it.  The problem doesn't appear to be specific to the java client
though, as I can't get cut/copy/paste to work with DRC's latest daily build
or the vanilla xvnc4viewer from apt-get.  Seems to work fine when running
the java or windows clients under both XP and WIndows 7.

Thanks,
-brian