I'm trying to run a TigerVNC server in my project with the following
security:

- encryption (to make session traffic hard to sniff)
- authentication (preferably via transparent key exchange, but if necessary
a password submission is possible)

According to this email from Martin K back in February (
http://www.mail-archive.com/tigervnc-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01013.html
)
I have these options:

- TLSVnc
- X509Vnc

I am currently using TLSVnc fine with the bundled Java viewer.

However, for non-Java-capable platforms, I need to use a different client
solution, and on a tip from Brian H I have landed on noVNC (
https://github.com/kanaka/noVNC )
(noVNC doesn't do SSL natively, but can use a WebSockets proxy (websockify)
which I have deployed)

But I can't get it to connect to TigerVNC server running with
SecurityType=TLSVnc.

The noVNC developer tells me that *"The problem is that your VNC server is
only configured to allow VeNCrypt and noVNC only supports standard VNC auth
(2)."*
*
*
But surely TLSVnc _is_ standard authentication? (as in, VNCAuth +
encryption ?)

Any help appreciated in getting me through this confusion.

Regards,
Dan G