iova...@inwind\.it wrote:
> You are right, Tom, there are two mixed topics.
>
> On the on-topic subject, instead of making tests to measure the frequency
> dependence on orientation, It would be much more interesting looking at
> possible ADEV dependences on orientation, particularily for small tau (the
> bottom of the curve). I can't do the test myself now, but would be pleased
> to see it done. For someone here it should be easy. I suggest comparing
> the measurements made with the crystal on the horizontal plane vs a
> vertical plane.

My understanding from talking to the crystal gurus is that there
is a fair amount of variability in acceleration sensitivity due
to differences in stresses around the mounting areas, etc.  You
would probably need to characterize a number of 10811's to get
any data you could generalize.  The only thing you can count on
is that is passes the 2g turnover test.

Rick Karlquist N6RK