iov...@inwind.it wrote:
I have another reading key.
When the manufacturer publishes the specs of its crystals, it
alrady took into account all of the possible known variables, some of them very tiny such as dependences on orientation (which do exist), so freeing the assembler (and the end-user)
from caring of.

(Anyway, on the issue of dependence on orientation, I feel
the standpoint of this group is a bit superficial. I would suggest a test. Those of you who have GPSDO or cesium and are tracking the control voltage, please try rotating your oscillator, and make the voltage trace available to the group).

Since the gravitational/acceleration sensitivity is a vector property, it should not be hard to make a few measurements to establish this vector sensitivity for a number of oscillators and see if there is a good correlation or not. I have enougth 10811s on the bench that I could test with (8 would be sufficient to get some indication). The turn-over test needs to be done over all three axis. So top/bottom turn, long-side/long-side turn and short-end/short-end turn.

The crystal blank is mounted parallel to the top and bottom sides BTW.