I think several of us have an HP document on-line that explains at least a bunch of the various models. My copy is at
http://www.febo.com/pages/hp10811/HP10811-Specs.pdf

John
----

Dave M said the following on 07/08/2009 08:02 PM:
On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 10:27 AM, iov...@inwind.it <iov...@inwind.it> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> does anybody out there know the orientation of the crystal faces > relative
> to the outer case in a 10811-60111?
>
> (The sense of the question is that we are considering building a 3-axis
> apparatus for gravity-related tests. Note, based on our tentative
> modelization, crystals are not requested to work as accelerometers).
>
> Antonio I8IOV

Hi Antonio,

Please see the attached diagram from the 10811A service manual. Minimum and maximum G-sensitivity axes are shown. Since the other variants of 10811 are all internally constructed the same, I would not expect a difference for the
-60111.

- Chad.

Speaking of the variants of the 10811- oscillator, does anyone know of a reference that describes or compares the details and differences between all the variations?

Dave M
masondg44 at comcast dot net

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.