I should have said AD9832.  But that was just an example
that would work.  I may choose a different one for whatever
reason.

Regarding the Arduino board:  that is what I would call
a "daughter" board, which I can't have.  Is the Arduino
board open source, so that I can just copy the schematic
of it to my own board?  Is the Arduino software also
open source?

Rick