Just a thought:

https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/hmc438.pdf

Although it isn't really 'low power', and the input and output ranges are somewhat limited. Certainly not logic level.

Dan

On 7/1/2020 2:50 AM, time-nuts-requ...@lists.febo.com wrote:
Message: 4
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 00:47:32 +0200
From: dschuecker<detlef.schuec...@dschuecker.de>
To:time-nuts@lists.febo.com
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] low power divide by 5

Hi,

a divide by five should possible with a synchronous state-machine made
of 3 ( sufficiently fast-) JK-FlipFlops.

All 3 FFs are clocked with the input freq. , the outputs of the FFs are
fed back to the the JK-inputs,? the divided freq. is output of one of
the FFs.

Additional constraints: no external ANDs or ORs or NOTs, the
state-machine does not get stuck in the 3 unused states.

This turned out to be a very interesting problem and I do not yet come
up with a solution. Maybe there is none. Analytical solutions all
failed, I will try a brute force enumeration attack tomorrow.

lots of fun !

Cheers