Hi Guus,

>-----Mensaje original-----
>De: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] En
>nombre de Guus Sliepen
>Enviado el: viernes, 26 de abril de 2013 18:28
>Para: [email protected]
>Asunto: Re: Problem with tinc.log and logrotate.
>
>On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 06:17:42PM +0200, Ramses II wrote:
>
>> > The "Got HUP signal" message will always end up in the old log.
>> > Which version of tinc are you running? You need 1.0.15 or later for
>> > this to work correctly.
>>
>> I'm testing it in Tinc 1.0.13. It's installed in a OpenVZ container
>> and I have installed it from the repositories, I haven't compiled it
>> from the sources.
>
>Ok. If you are running Debian in the container, you can get a newer version
>from the backports repository.
>
>> Now I have tested it in Tinc 1.0.19, in other machine, and it works well.
>
>Great!
>
>> It's a bug of Tinc 1.0.13, isn't it?
>
>I would call it a feature that didn't get implemented until 1.0.15.

This works well in previous versions to the 1.0.15:

-------------------------------------------------
/var/log/tinc.log {
  missingok
  rotate 7
  daily
  copytruncate
  create 0640 root root
  postrotate
    kill -HUP `cat /var/run/tinc.pid`
  endscript
}
-------------------------------------------------

With the "copytruncate" option.


Best regards,

Ramsés

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to